Guidelines for Authors
The IJRE accepts articles that are written in either English or Arabic. Due to its increasing international audience, articles are welcomed that address the underlying principles of research that are pertinent to educational researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and administrators across the broader international educational research community.
The formatting and bibliographic styles outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition, 2009 should be used by authors. Articles may be submitted in either Arabic or English and should be up to 20 pages in length. Authors should check that their work adheres to the following:
- The work has not been published before, and is not currently being considered by another journal.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format.
- The text is in 12-point Times New Roman font, and is single-spaced. Underlining is restricted to URL addresses, which are activated. All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Footnotes are not used; short explanations should be used in the text, while lengthy descriptions should be added in an appendix.
- Names of authors should be removed from the text and reference list and substituted with the word “author”. Other identifying items, such as the titles of articles written by the author in the reference list, should be deleted to prevent identification. The name of the author should also be removed from the document’s file properties (see the file menu in Word files). It is the responsibility of the author(s) to reinstate these identifiers once an article has been accepted for publication.
- Authors should copy, sign, and append to their submission the Publishing Agreement below. Every author must sign the agreement.
The work that I (we) have submitted to the IJRE is my (our) own original work and has not previously been published by any other party in any other format. I (We) have the authority to enter into agreement with the editor and publishers of IJRE to the exclusive right to publish my (our) work first. I believe that my (our) work does not slander or libel any person.
I agree that:
- I will receive no compensation for this work, which is designed to contribute to the field of educational research.
- My (our) work, with identification removed, will be reviewed by at least two IJRE reviewers in a “blind reviewing” process. I will be informed about the results of this process, but the editor’s decision on suggested amendments, publication, or non-publication will be final.
- IJRE editors have the right to edit the work, or ask me (us) to edit it for readability, length, and style.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the IJRE.
In submitting my (our) work, we have upheld the basic ethical and legal principles of scholarly research, in that I (we) have:
- ensured the accuracy of the data and work we have produced;
- protected the rights and welfare of any research participants; and
- protected intellectual property rights.
I (we) understand that the editor has the right to ask for evidence that these ethical and legal principles have been met in the planning and implementation of my (our) research.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to any other party.